As citizen’s of Bengaluru, we may believe that we live in a place far from the effect of any natural disasters. However, a news report* from the Indian Express suggests that, although the city has been escaping the brunt of the outpouring monsoons, it may not be spared in September. Yes, this is right in spite of being away from the coasts the city is likely to get affected by heavy rains leading to floods. One may have to escape the brunt one might have to face during the harsh monsoons. Thus, it becomes necessary to purchase an insurance policy for yourself, family and belongings such. The plan will help you make an insurance claim and redeem you from financially distressing situations.
The news report also stated that weather patterns predict heavy rains during the upcoming months. In spite of receiving less rainfall, Bangalore is in for a flood threat. Also, a word of caution comes from the BBMP on the outbreaks of diseases. Even though The government has taken safety measures sometimes calamities can get disturbing. This is why one must do their own bit and avail an insurance policy.
Also Read: Third Party Liability Insurance
A piece of advice
In fact, during the floods, a widespread disease may take a toll on the entire city. This is why it becomes vital that most of the citizens who can afford medical insurance, must purchase one for their whole family. As it will benefit the citizens in making claims for their hospital and medical bills.
A news report^ by the Times of India stated that after the Kerela Floods many people had found insects, snakes and even crocodiles in their houses. Such incidences will create unhygienic atmospheres or may also cause health issues. To keep your savings, liquidity, and income tight avail insurances for your homes as well as your vehicles. This will help you gain almost quick relief from any loss or damage due to famines, floods, and outbreaks of many epidemics.
The Dos and Don’ts
If you have already availed motor insurance make sure you keep the following points in mind during any such calamity:
- Do not run your vehicle on flooded roads.
- Don’t remove your vehicle from waterlogged parking spots.
- Do not turn your vehicles on in waterlogged areas.
- Seek the assistance of service stations and get your vehicle towed to the nearest workshop.
- Most of all make sure you intimate your insurance companies in the event of any loss or damage to what you have insured.
- It is important to note that if you run your vehicles over waterlogged or flooded areas you might not be eligible for an insurance claim your motor insurance.
- We also suggest you to maintain a softcopy of all insurance policies.